PAY IT FORWARD :: the concept of asking that a good turn be repaid by having it done to others instead.
What Is “That Guy” Kramer’s Pay It Forward Fridays?
This Thanksgiving season, we want everybody in Tampa Bay to help spread kindness throughout our community by paying it Forward. Just a simple act that goes a long way!
When Is It?
Every Friday in the month of November, the “That Guy” Kramer show will do one simple act to pay it forward, and we hope that you will do the same thing!
Spread the word!
Spread the word by posting on Facebook or Twitter about Paying It Forward, and encourage all of your friends to do the same! Remind them that it just needs to be a simple task!
Plus, we want to hear your stories as well! Call us during the show at 888-587-9870 or e-mail us your story at email@example.com! Examples of good deeds will encourage your neighbors to do the same!
So how does it work?
Do one good deed for others without asking for anything in return. Instead the recipient should be instructed to pay it forward to someone else in need. The Pay it Forward part can be completed at each person’s discretion.
The difference we can make is phenomenal!
Need help coming up for a Pay It Forward idea?
Here’s 50 to get you thinking: (courtesy of http://thehalfwaypoint.net)
1. Put a quarter in a meter, any meter, that’s about to expire
2. Leave a copy of a really great book you’ve read in a cafe for someone else to enjoy
3. Be nice to the customer service people who are trying to help you with your technological difficulties
4. Tip your restaurant server generously
5. Thank the cooks, waitstaff and bussers personally
6. Say something nice or funny or goofy to the toll booth attendant (like, “Don’t drive too fast, now” or “Glad to have encountered you today”, or something less hokey)
7. Forgive a driver directing road rage at you
8. Buy or pack a meal for a homeless person (or give him/her your to-go box from a restaurant)
9. Give a warm coat to a homeless person
10. Offer to do pro bono work on a project where your skills are needed
11. Mentor someone
12. Make a donation
13. Say a prayer or whisper a kind wish for someone
14. Compliment a stranger
15. Send a box of donuts or bagels or muffins to a construction site
16. Next time you leave a foreign country, give all or some of what’s left of your currency to someone who resides in that country
17. Next time you’re at the airport, offer to pull the bags belonging to a woman or a mother with child out of the conveyor belt
18. Praise generously
19. Give local tips (re: restaurants, sights, etc.) to a tourist
20. Show respect equally to all human beings
21. Put a tip in a street musician’s jar
22. Let someone cut in front of you at the grocery store
23. Tell a funny joke to a stranger
24. Give someone a chance to prove him or herself
25. Encourage someone to pursue their dream
26. Allow someone to let his or her light shine
27. Show support to an artist or writer or musician
28. Hold the door open for someone
29. Tip a cab driver generously
30. Teach a child something you wish you knew at that age
31. Smile at someone who’s sad
32. Smile at strangers
33. Offer sincere, kind words to someone who’s hurting
34. Visit a hospice and spend some time with a terminally ill patient
35. Volunteer at a battered women’s shelter
36. Spend some time with a senior citizen living alone
37. Give up your seat on a crowded bus or train or ferry
38. Inspire someone to be the best that they can be
39. Give someone the benefit of the doubt
40. Offer to babysit for a single mother
41. Offer the FedEx, UPS or DHL delivery person something to drink especially on a warm day
42. Help a pregnant lady
43. Sit and talk with a homeless person and learn their story
44. Loan something to someone and forget about it
45. Loan money on Kiva
46. Contribute to a friend’s child’s education fund
47. Give blood
48. Show respect to a soldier regardless of your pacifism
49. Donate to or volunteer for the Make-A-Wish Foundation
50. Replace an angry or bitter thought toward someone with a loving thought (or at least try)